Do you need to know where your employees or children are moving around in your absence? Or are you simply looking to know how to track a cell phone with accuracy? If so, you have come to the right place. Here, we look at some of the possible methods to GPS track a smart phone in these simple steps as follows:
Tracking someone else’s cell phone
If you wish to track someone else’s phone, say your child’s or employee’s, you can simply use a smartphone tracking app e.g. mSpy. This is a small app that can be installed in a few easy steps and only takes about 3 minutes to complete. Once installed, mSpy stays hidden on the cell phone but keeps track of every activity on the device including its text messages, call logs, GPS location and more.
mSpy features include:
- Track Emails and Text messages– Every message received and sent, including emails and SMS are logged in even if the cell logs are deleted.
- Phone contacts– Get total access to the complete contact list on the targeted phone.
- GPS location tracking– GPS locations are uploaded at selected time intervals with a link to a map.
- Call logs– Each outgoing and incoming number on the cell is logged along with date, duration, and time stamp.
- Browser history– All websites that are visited on the smartphone are logged.
- Messenger activity and social networking– All social media activity such as Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessages, Skype, and many more are recorded.
How it works
This app has to be donloaded and installed on the target cell whose activities and location you want to track. Installation only takes a few minutes during which you should have the target cell in your hand. Once you are through, the tracking process begins immediately, with the recorded logs silently uploaded on your mSpy account. You can thereafter log in to your secure online account from your phone or computer at any time and view the logs containing text messages, call activities, GPS location and more.
Tracking lost phones
If you wish to track a lost Android phone, here are a few steps to follow:
- Download Android Device Manager from the App store and install it on another android phone. This app allows you to not only remotely track your stolen Android smartphone, but to also lock it remotely and wipe off all data on it.
- Next, log into your Google account using the Android Device Manager using the same ID associated with your lost phone. After successfully logging in, the app will attempt to trace your device and show its last known location on the map.
- Additionally, you can also be able to perform several actions on your lost device such as erasing all data stored on it, locking the device, or calling it.
To track down a lost Windows phone, try the following:
- Go to the Windows website and click on the find my phone tab at the top-right corner of the page.
- You will then be asked to sign into your Windows account that is associated with the lost device. If you successfully trace your phone, you should see a map detailing its exact location. You should also find options to erase, lock, or ring in the event that your phone is completely lost.
For a lost iPhone, follow the following steps:
- Using an Apple ID associated with your device, log in to the iCloud website. iCloud allows you to track your lost device from your iPad or web browser and shows its location on the map since location tracking is turned on by default on all iPhone devices.
- If your phone is close to where you are, you have an option to play sound on it so that your device will emit a sound, helping you to trace it.
- If the above does not work, choose the lost mode option which should remotely lock your phone and display a number where you can be reached by whoever comes across it.
- If none of the above works, go to the erase iPhone option which will completely delete all data stored on it. This should prevent private information from falling on the wrong hands.
Aside from trying to locate a stolen phone, it is always best to be upfront about tracking somebody and respecting their right to privacy. However, if you absolutely must track a cell phone without the owner’s knowledge or consent (i.e. if you are a parent), the above tips should provide you with an invaluable guide on how to go about it.